Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Sunday Sermon Series October 14, 2020

Hello folks. Here again we have a drawing I did while listening to a sermon at church. The topic here is that Jesus tells us we have to pick a side. You can listen to the sermon that I heard here, I recommend it. Luke 11:14-35 is the scripture we are looking at today.

The verse I focused on was 23, the second half in particular:

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

Jesus draws a line here. He tells us we have to make a choice about Him, and His Father. Admit your need. (I am a sinner) Be willing to turn from your sins. (Repent) Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave. Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to control your life through the Holy Spirit.

After that, we are given other commands, but it's really pretty simple. Love God, and love one another." That's it. So simple, and yet so very hard at the same time. I am on this same journey too my friend. I struggle and work at it every single day. I make a few hundred course corrections each day, turning back towards Jesus, away from myself. Praying.

This drawing was done in my Pentalic sketchbook on 70lbs. paper with a Pentel mechanical pencil, then I scanned and painted the color in Photoshop.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope this post encouraged, or challenged you. May God richly bless you. Merry Christmas.

No comments: