Friday, July 29, 2022

Sunday Sermon Series: Proverbs 3:1-12

Hello everybody! Today I have a drawing from a couple Sundays ago (July 17, 2022). The message centered on Proverbs chapter 3, verses 1-12. Trusting in the Lord's wisdom, which we find in God's written word. You can go and listen to it here at the Northwest Gospel website.

We can trust in Jesus, and we know this when we read His word. We hear Him there. Not only the spoken words of Jesus but we hear His father speaking to us through the prophets. Time and time again God tells us not to be afraid, to not worry but to trust in Him.

Websters defines Trust as: Assured reliance in the character, ability strength, or truth of someone or something, one in which confidence is placed. We must trust in God regardless of our circumstances. He is there, He loves you, and He has a plan for you.

Fools reject God's wisdom, they choose a worldly course, rather than choosing God's path. Salvation through Jesus' death on the cross is the gate. His ways (outlined in His word) are our path. Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make straight your paths." The creator of everything has a plan for how to live your life. Reject evil, Run from it! Sin and evil suck the life from us, and lead to death. But God's word refreshes. In Christ there is life.

I sketched my cartoon self trusting (awkwardly) in Jesus while I listened to the sermon, and took notes. I colorized it in Photoshop, and added the sky background. I originally drew that sky about 20 years ago, and I use it from time to time because I love the texture, the clouds and the colors in it.

As I listened I also sketched this heart drawing, and decided to include it here. It is a rough drawing, but I like the sentiment. Jesus saves. Jesus heals. Proverbs 3:7-9 "Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones."

This pencil sketch was done with a Pentel .7mm P207 mechanical pencil in a Pentalic Sketchbook on 70lb paper. I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it encouraged you, made you think, or challenged you, and that you will read more about trusting in God and the path He has for us as Christians in the book of Proverbs. Please contact me if you have questions. God bless you, and have a great day! --Ryan

No comments: