Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pencil Sketch


This is a cathedral window in Paris, France. No, it is not at Notre Dame. It was a smaller cathederal, on a very narrow side street, and I didn't get the name of it. I had been working on it off and on since my trip in 2000. I don't know that it will ever get finished. I will get back to France, I can guarantee that.

A friend of mine (Kathleen Rietz) recently devoted a whole new blog to sketching in her moleskine book. Kate is at least as busy as I am, if not more so. When I learned of her new blog, this lead to blog posting guilt syndrome, a very real and serious affliction. So I decided to share this sketch with you. Enjoy. Have a great day everyone.

5 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Well I for one I'm glad you got the blog posting guilt syndrome Ryan! That way I get to see this.. beautiful work!!

Thanks for sharing :o)

Kathleen Rietz said...

Wow, Ryan, I am honored to give you that guilty kick in the pants that motivates you to post such beautiful artwork! This is really beautiful. I am glad you decided to post something new, and this is definitely worth posting. I hope you find time to finish it one day.

RyanLoghry said...

Thank you for your comments ladies, they are very much appreciated.

I've always wanted to make a poster sized print out of the photograph I took of the window. I believe those big round stained glass windows are called rose windows, or something like that. Anyway, I've always liked them. Maybe someday I'll paint it.

Edrian said...

This is a beautiful drawing. I'm glad you decided to share it.
Looks like your trip to New york was fun too!

Bee said...

Wonderfully delicate and detailed sketch, definately one to take a breather from and come back to! :)