Thursday, June 9, 2022

Characters, An Animated Slideshow

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. This week I have an animated gif from my old website. I created it to share some of the artwork I was generating at the time (Approximately 2002-2008). This file is a short slideshow presentation of characters. The file size is pretty small, because (if you recall) interweb speeds were slower back then. I was still on dial-up! *GASP*

Many of the characters pictured here are Chip Dugan, with different expressions. At the time I was working on a sequel for The Searcher, which would eventually become The Daydreamer. Chip and I are old friends, we go back just over 20 years now. Some day I hope to write and illustrate a chapter book starring Chip. These drawings of Chip were done for a couple of reasons. I have to keep drawing him, frequent practice is required to keep the skills up. And to figure out what he looks like from different angles, in different situations and with different expressions.

The other Non-Chip characters are take from Sketch of the week, which was my attempt to share on a weekly basis what I was producing in my sketchbooks. After about 6 months of that I discovered Illustration Friday. In order to participate in that you need to have a blog, so you can share your posts. So I shuttered Sketch of the Week, and began the blog you see here. I hope it brings you a smile, or encourages you, from time to time.

All of the drawings included in this pencil sketch were done with a Pentel .7mm P207 mechanical pencil in a Pentalic Sketchbook on 80lb paper. I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it encouraged you, or made you think. God bless you all, and have a great day! --Ryan

No comments: