Saturday, November 11, 2017

Where your feet are

Good morning everyone! Today I have a sketch that I did last month in Sunday School. We are studying Nehemiah and the point came up that we should be about the work that God has given us to do.

Just the other day I was talking with a friend and he said that while he didn't have time for much besides work and sleep, he chose to be there for his family with the remainder of his time each day because that was his mission field. That made me think of Pastor Mike's often used phrase "Your mission field is where your feet are. Around the world, or across the street. Well, for some of us it isn't even across the street. It's right inside our homes, teaching and preaching love one another to the little people in our lives.

As I stated in my last post, I don't have much time these days for side projects of my own. I am kept busy each day with teaching, parenting, housekeeping, sleeping, and yes work. That's why there was no post in the month of October here. I'm not lamenting that fact, just stating it. I know what God has given me to do, and I work at it each day. I am content in that.

In this drawing we see Jack (standing), Stella (fittingly sucking her thumb), and Roy (seated) in a wheel barrow. That is cartoon me puffing along as I haul them about. They are my work, and my love. Angela is not in this drawing, she deserves her own drawing. Or perhaps a book of drawings.

This pencil sketch was done with a Pentel .7mm P207 mechanical pencil in a Pentalic Sketchbook on 70lb paper. It was scanned and then colorized in PhotoShop. I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it encouraged you, made you think, or challenged you. God bless, and have a great day! --Ryan

No comments: