Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Sunday Sermon Series: Sin and Death in the Garden

Good day everyone, I hope you are well. Today I have an illustration for you from a passing comment in a sermon by Pastor Shaun Hart on prayer, and how Nehemiah prayed (to listen to that sermon click here).

I am extremely busy with client work these days, so I don't have much time for a write up, or much more than a rough sketch. However, I really liked this sketch of Sin welcoming Death into the Garden that I dashed out yesterday, so I wanted to share it with you. It's a bit off the main topic (prayer), you'll have to forgive me that.

If I were to change anything in a final draft of this illustration it would be to make Sin's pose a bit more sweeping. Right now he is just standing there. It would be better I think if he were a bit more animated, enjoying his momentary victory a bit more.

Here is a challenge for you fine folks in the comments: See if you can pick up the little nuance that I really enjoyed about this drawing. Hint: It's something I purposely left out, just for fun. (Angela is excluded, she already knows.)

This pencil sketch was done with a Pentel .7mm P207 mechanical pencil in a Pentalic Sketchbook on 70lb paper. It was scanned and then colorized in PhotoShop. I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it encouraged you or challenged you. God bless, and have a great day! --Ryan

No comments: