Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29, 2008 Creative Exercise Day 3



For background on this exercise, click here. The topic I chose for today is "Skating". These were done quickly as I didn't have as much time today. I would like to go back and refine the poses on some of them, as they look a little klunky to me. But, I think they're a good start. A lot of times I'll burn through a couple pages trying to get a good natural pose.

Be sure to check out my list of Creative Exercise Buddies over to the right. They have some terrific work posted on their blogs. If your new to the challenge let me know and I'll post your link there too.

8 comments:

Tom Barrett said...

I like all the different poses you worked into this sketch. And you can see the different personalities of each kid. Nice job!

Jennifer Thermes said...

This is fun, Ryan! I love your idea of illustrating verbs. And I like the potato chip guy in your previous post-- somehow his freaked out arm fits the mood. :-)

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

such a joyful bunch of kids, Keep going Ryan!

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Went to your .com site, terrific site fills with lots of goodie. Great artist you are!

Unknown said...

neat work on the skaters...I love the action of the illustration...I can almost hear the skates....

nice work!

Alicia Padrón said...

wooohooo I want to be at the end of that line.... This is great Ryan! great work on poses and movement! :o)

sheree boyd said...

really fun piece! you captured the movement and joy very well!

Paola De Gaudio said...

They certainly are excellent start!
so dynamic and natural!
As Alicia, I want to join the fun, but I'm afraid I would be the one lying on the floor ^.^