Friday, January 22, 2016

Sunday Sermon Series January 22, 2016

Hello friends,

This sketch reflects pastor Mike's sermon on January 17th, 2016. Jesus said "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. John 8:12"

Over the years I have sketched many different versions of this concept. I think I revisit this concept (in my daily thought process, and in sketching), so often because I believe I am on a journey with God. Every day I walk on this journey. Sometimes I stumble, sometimes I fall clear down. Not because God has abandoned me, but because I have decided to make my own way, to take a step under my own power, by selfish decisions to some degree or another. And as I fumble around on the dark ground, Jesus is always there to help me back up. I repent my mistake, and I look back to Jesus for guidance. Being a Christian isn't about acting better, or being more holy than anyone else. It is about knowing my place in the world, and where to look to find out what the next step is.

As always, I hope you have enjoyed this image and this post. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a terrific day, and God bless! --Ryan

2 comments:

Mike White said...

Wonderful illustration.. I am humbled by your enthusiastic response to the Word of God. Love you!!

RyanLoghry said...

Thanks for your comment Mike. And thank you for bringing the Word on Sunday.