Monday, February 9, 2015

Celtic Cross and Rose

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the new year. We have been hit hard by the cold season in the Loghry home, thus my absence for the last few weeks.

I've uploaded another Celtic cross drawing to my store on Etsy. The image in this blog post is a close up, click here to view the item in my storefront on Etsy. This cross features a rose in the center, a tribute to my maternal grandmother who grew beautiful roses.

As usual this drawing is 5x7 and pencil on paper. This paper has a pretty heavy nap, so there is not a lot of intricate detail. There is of course a broad range of shaded values. I always try to give the illusion of depth in my work using pencil shading. This time however I didn't include a drop shadow for the cross itself (cast onto the background as in previous drawings).

As always, I hope you enjoyed this drawing, and will pass the link on to your friends and family. I hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: