Monday, December 29, 2008

Snow


A little late, but here are the follow up snow pictures. We ended up getting much more snow than these pictures reflect. They were taken on December 21, 2008, at that time we had about 7 inches here at Lucia Falls. We ended up getting about 19 inches total. This was the most snowfall in December ever in our area. It was truly beautiful. It's all melting now, which is okay, because it really does put everything at a stand still, since we so rarely get snow accumulation on the valley floor. Out here where I live we're used to snow, but not this much. Everyone is going back to work now, and things are returning to normal.

These pictures were taken with an Canon Powershot A460 which I borrowed from Angela. My apologies for the size of the animated gif, it's 2 meg. I couldn't make the physical size any smaller, as that would have made it impossible to see what was going on. If people are having issues playing it, I'll seperate the frames into 3 different animated gifs, that should help. Let me know. -- Ryan

3 comments:

kari said...

gosh Ry - these are really nice photos. We had about the same amount of snow in Maple Valley. It was lovely, but I'm glad it's melted. I've had enough precipitation forced house bound days this year. :)

RyanLoghry said...

Thanks Kari, I had a lot of fun hiking around snapping photos. For both of the snow posts I borrowed a camera, once from Iris, then from Angela. I've got a bunch of pictures taken with the new camera I got for Christmas, but haven't had time to post them.

I didn't get cabin fever this time. I was able to get around pretty good in the Jeep. I guess having the Wellmans, and Angela to visit helped too. 8 )

Carli said...

it's very pretty. great photos!